I was very kindly nominated for a Liebster Award by Bre from Brepurposed, an award that helps new bloggers connect and recognize one another, and I’m super excited about it!
Here are the answers to the questions Bre asked me:
1. When did you start blogging?
I set up my blog in January, as soon as I got back from a trip home to Boston, but before I could get to posting, I got a call to work on a reality show called Opposite Worlds and so my blog stood untouched until March 25, when the show had wrapped, and I decided that it was high time to start posting.
2. What was your biggest fear when you first started?
That I’d have trouble with the formatting, and I think that will be a work in progress for a while.
3. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
I find inspiration most everywhere. I enjoy cruising pinterest, but many times my inspiration comes from shows I’ve worked on, the insanely creative friends I have, movies and TV shows I watch, and the wonderful places I’ve been.
4. If you could be a contributor to one blog, which would it be?
Gusto and Grace they look like they get into some fun things and make some cool stuff.
5. If you had unlimited funds and could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I’d really love to take 6 months to travel and see more of the world. Top picks would be Spain, Portugal, Greece, Croatia, Sweden, and to return to New Zealand.
6. What is your favorite food?
My favorite comfort food is pizza with pineapple, spinach, basil and onion. My favorite fancy food is pan roasted scallops. My favorite easy dinner is grilled onion and eggplant slices
7. Who is the most influential person in your life?
This is a tricky question, and I don’t have just one person. However, here, categorically are the most influential people in my life.
My love of cooking, gardening and self improvement came from my mother, my love of baking and crafts came from my her mother (grandma). My need to create and share with others came from my friends and colleagues, most notably my dear friends Scott and Diana, and my boyfriend, Tyler. My endless need to learn more comes from my father, as well as my need to push myself physically. My need to be better read and better traveled comes from my sister, Abby, and our parents. Abby also influenced me to stay competitive, in a way that only an older sister can. I never knew my mother’s father, but the knowledge of who he was has always influenced me to be a better person and keep an upbeat attitude towards life.
8. What is one thing you’ve failed at and how did it make you stronger?
I have to say I feel too young to say I’ve failed at anything, just things I haven’t accomplished yet. However, there are certain things that I feel unlikely to become accomplished at: playing the guitar and surfing to name two. From these, I take a more realistic understanding of myself and my limitations. It’s always good to know a little bit more about yourself.
9. Do you have any pets?
Yes and no. I grew up with two amazing standard poodles, Teddy and then Henry. Henry, a very silly, very large brown poodle lives in Boston with my family. I wish so desperately I had a dog of my own down here in NOLA, and my crazy schedule aside, I’m hoping to adopt a pup of my own this year or next.
10. Who is your favorite musician?
I don’t have a favorite musician, but the tunes of Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings always make me happy and keep me dancing.
11. What other hobbies do you have outside of blogging?
I love to cook, bake, make things, paint, travel, ride my bike, hike and dance.
Here are the 11 blogs I’m nominating:
There are some rules to being nominated:
•answer the questions you were given by the person who nominated you
•keep the ball rolling and nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less
•post 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
•tag your nominees and be sure to leave a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been nominated
Here are my questions for those that I’ve nominated:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. Do you think your blogging has encouraged you to create, explore, read, etc more?
3. If you could leave next week for a paid vacation to live anywhere in the world for one year, where would you go?
4. Why did you choose the subject of your blog?
5. What’s your favorite meal to cook for yourself?
6. If you were going to come up with a book or album title for the last year of your life, what would it be?
7. Do you have any animals?
8. What’s your vice?
9. What’s your favorite museum?
10. Celebrity childhood crush?
11. Thoughts on tomatoes?
Thanks again to Bre for the nomination, and I look forward to seeing y’all’s answers 🙂